Monday, December 24, 2012

Twas the Day I Got Scout


Small children are squirming not wanting to sleep, because tonight is the night they have been waiting for. Christmas day is tomorrow!
What can possibly better? How about a fun story to get you in the mood?
Now, for your enjoyment Service Dogs by Warren retrievers presents a Twas the Night before Christmas Parody by Joshua Putnam:
620708_4780322355608_773521370_o
Joshua and Scout
By: Joshua Putnam
Twas the day that I got my new life saving dog.
When I first saw her she looked like a big brown log.
She loves to play with her toys and run outside.
But when she’s in trouble she tries to hide.
She is always so protective over me.
And when she sees me she is so filled with glee.
After a long, hard day of play she goes to sleep.
The next morning she wakes and jumps straight to her feet.
Most mornings she starts off the day with loud barking.
When the food comes out at her bowl she’ll be parking.
Some people think that she’s just a normal pet.
If that’s what you’re thinking now, you’ve lost that bet.
If you see me, you can bet that she’s around.
She came into my life to keep me safe and sound.
She keeps check on me with her super great nose.
As far as glucose goes, she keeps me on my toes.
She knows when I’m going high, she knows when I’m low.
She alerts and gives “the paw” to let me know.
Whenever she signals, I always go check.
But if I try to ignore her, she gives me heck.
She watches over me while I sleep really sound.
Each night at the foot of my bed she can be found.
She wakes me up if I start to get in trouble.
I give her treats, at night I might give double.
Diabetic alert dog, she does her job well.
Working for me day and night with her sense of smell.
My life is better with her, there is no doubt.
She’s my pet, my hero, my wonder dog, SCOUT!
What a great story! Thank you for sharing it with us Joshua! Want to read another "Twas the Night" parody?
Check out Dan’s special Delivery:
Twa’s the night before Christmas all snowy and white
All the D.A.D’s they were resting before their big flight
And Dan he was saying his final good byes
As he turned around slowly and covered his eyes…. Read More!
If you or someone you know could benefit from having a Service Dog for an invisible disability
please visit our Contact us page.
To read more information about the types of services our medical alert dogs
can provide please Click Here!
To help contribute towards our programs, so another family can geta much needed service dog please Click Here!
Our offices and staff are closed for the Holidays until 1/2/13 at 9:00 am. 
We are so excited to welcome the New Year as our organization continues to grow! Be safe and enjoy this time of year!

No comments:

Post a Comment